Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Best Days.

How did it all start? Well, one of my friends at school registered me along with him for a Double Delegation at DelTech MUN '12. My interest in MUNs was waning away bit by bit, and another MUN was the last thing I wanted to do. A couple of days later, he called me up and told me that we had been given USA. The first thought that struck me at that point of time was: 'Hmm, this should be good'. And so, I decided to give it a try.


However, my co-delegate chickened out (Like the Delegate of Turkey did in committee), around 12 days before the conference. I was pretty outraged, but then I reminded myself about our very own Mr. Teletubby.
I called up Anup, and voila! He agreed. I knew he was good enough because I had lost to him in a different MUN!


Then came out the Background guides. Trust me, I could not get a word out of the first agendum's explanation. Ultimately I did figure stuff out, but I was dependent on Anup for it for quite a while. Leaving all that aside, we researched as much as we could, blah blah... In the meantime, we troubled Vivek a lot for all stuff.


Then came the day of a conference. We boarded the Metro at 6:30 in the morning, and managed to reach on time. I was expecting it to be another MUN for me, but what happened was quite contrary to my thoughts. It was a COMPLETELY different experience.


Every person in our committee taught me a lot of stuff. Ranging from Anmol scolding me due to my lack of respect for Amrita to our chair explaining other stuff, it was quite amazing.


What I learnt from this is that there's a lot more to life and MUNs other than just proving yourself. People will respect you if you respect them. I was a cocky person before coming to DelTech, but things have turned around, and I consider myself to be a better person already!


Earlier, people in our school had instilled a thought into me. People who I considered to be great MUNers. What they told me is that dissing people in committee gets you awards. But oh boy, the last thing people wanted here was dissing around.


All said and done, I want to say just one thing. DelTech MUN '12 was the time of my life.


PS: Sorry if I missed out on stuff. G-20 FTW!
PPS: This comes a tad bit late, sorry for that!

2 comments:

  1. So, you romanticized G20 on the Valentine's Day? Not bad! I take personal pride in the fact that you had a great time. Wishing luck for future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realised that I posted this on Valentine's. Haha.

    Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete